Inventory Control Expert Job
Date: Feb 10, 2014
Location: Natick, MA, US
Location: Natick, MA, US
Job ID: 820230-116928
Division: Retail Stores
Inventory Control Specialist
Your enthusiasm is contagious.
So is your passion for great technology. Why not bring them to a new kind of workplace where you can really make your mark? If you love to share your excitement, engage with people, and empower them to explore all the ways Microsoft technology can make a difference in their lives, we should get to know one another.
The Inventory Expert will be responsible for all merchandise that enters and leaves our retail stores. The primary focus for the inventory team is to support the in-store customer experience while protecting the financial and physical assets of Microsoft. This person is focused on all back-of-house operations, primarily focused on shipping/receiving and inventory control.
Summary of essential job functions
- Accurately receive merchandise into the retail location.
- Maintain stockroom organization per Microsoft expectations and guidelines.
- Perform detailed receiving and cycle counts as directed.
- Move merchandise to the sales floor so that merchandising standards and customer
- expectations are met and exceeded.
- Carry merchandise to and from customers on site as needed.
- Accurately ship/transfer merchandise to other locations/warehouse/vendors as directed.
- 3-5 previous retail inventory management experience, preferably in high volume/high traffic environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience teaching/training others regarding back-of-house operations/processes.
Skills /Abilities required
- Teamwork focused
- Attention to detail regarding inventory processes is critical
- Strong communication skills
Lifting up to 75 lbs with assistance (loading and unloading all those great products and carrying purchases out for our customers will be required!)
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, we continue to expand our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences as we help others realize their potential.
Here at Microsoft, we’re looking for high-energy people just like you to create an exciting retail experience unlike any other. Why not apply today?
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segments: Inventory, Warehouse, Merchandising, Retail Sales, Shipping and Receiving, Operations, Manufacturing, Retail